let´s nourish our minds – let´s create community
The course was a full success. Besides all the knowledge we gained together with the participants, we made compost, we analyzed ourselves as part of the eco-system, but realized also that we humans form an “eco-system”. We are interdependent as humans from one another. If we start acting like it, lots of problems will solve themselves.
Definition, Ethics and Design principles
– what is it, different approaches, examples
– Ecology of a forest and its evolution: natural successions and stratification
– Trees and forests
– The elements of the architecture of a food fores
– Site measurements
– Plant selection
– Fertilization and inoculation of the soil
– Planting, covering crops and soil protection with mulching
– Techniques of plant reproduction, seed saving and cuttings
– Biointensive and successional vegetable garden
– Ordinary and extraordinary management depending on the stages of the Food Forest
– Climate and morphology
– Water: management, infiltration and passive irrigation
– Accesses to the elements of the farm: where to place them, patterns and sizing
– Understanding soil fertility: Minerals, Organic Matter and the role of Microorganisms
– Why and how to make hot compost \ bocashi
Giuseppe Sannicandro, Permaculture Diploma Tutor of Accademia Italiana di Permacultura.
Giuseppe designs and teaches Permaculture in Italy, Greece, Switzerland and Spain. He got a Permaculture Diploma in Tenerife and is recognized as a Permaculture Diploma Tutor by the Italian Permaculture Accademy.
He is graduated in Philosophy, ethics and politics, studing ecological issues and, at the same time, looking at ecology as the only possible source of solutions.
He studied subjects as water harvesting and management with Brad Lancaster, Organic and Regenerative Agriculture with Jairo Restrepo Rivera, cultivation without irrigation, Food Forest, Keyline design, strawbale and earthen building, geodesic domes.
Since he met permaculture he started to develop synergistic gardens, food forests, educational projects for children and young people focused on agroecology, natural and sustainable lifestyle.
In his city he founded and coordinated for many years a local buying group with some friends, promoting organic agriculture, «Do It Yourself» products, and networks between farmers and consumers. Since 2013 he manages an experimental site with different gardening techniques and a food forest with a group of passionate friends.
He designs and gives consultancies for farms, ecovillages, urban permaculture projects. He organizes and teaches in permaculture workshops and courses, in particular PDC, water management, soil developement, gardening and food forest establishment.